One presentation by climatologist James Hansen does a good job of explaining why coal and unconventional fossil fuels must be left underground.
The Sierra Club has a very informative page on coal in the United States.
On the site of one of our contributors, there is a one page climate briefing covering science and policy issues.
On climate change in general:
- Alley, Richard. The Two Mile Time Machine. Ice Cores, Abrupt Climate Change, and Our Future.
- Craven, Greg. What’s The Worst That Could Happen? A Rational Response to the Climate Change Debate.
- Hansen, James. Storms of My Grandchildren: The Truth About the Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity.
- Hoggan, Jim. Climate Cover-Up: the crusade to deny global warming.
- Monbiot, George. Heat: How to Stop the Planet from Burning.
- Morton, Oliver. Eating the Sun: How Plants Power the Planet.
- Romm, Joseph. Hell and High Water: Global Warming – the Solution and the Politics and What We Should Do.
- Weaver, Andrew. Keeping our Cool: Canada in a Warming World.
On coal and unconventional oil and gas:
On coal alternatives:
- MacKay, David. Sustainable Energy – Without the Hot Air.
Please see the correspondence page.
Last updated: 19 July 2010